Monday 18 June 2012

Olympics Day


 Awesome  Olympics
by James C
May 2012

Finally the day I've been waiting for all week, Olympics Gala Day,
the 17th of May!!

First I went to school on the bus. It was supposed to be raining, but it was sunny. At school I got on the bus again to go to the A&P Showgrounds. I sat by Wilson. On the way there was a truck that had crashed in the middle of the road! We had to wait a minute until we could go. Then we arrived at the new A & P showgrounds.

First we got off the bus when we got there and had a parade. Different schools were representing different countries. Our school was representing Brazil.

After the parade we did a warm up before we started any of the activities. The first activity we did was Ripper Rugby. That was really fun, it was my favourite activity. I was in the red team. In the first game I had 9 rips and 0 tries. In the second game I got 5 rips. Then it was time for morning tea.

After morning tea we did multi sports. The games were Crazy Tag, Rob the Nest, bowling and a mysterious game were you had to hop or jump and when you met another person you did Paper Scissors Rock.

Then it started to rain. It started out softly and then got harder. The teachers had to ring up the buses. At least I got a hotdog but we had to go on the bus.

I was disappointed that we didn't get to stay but I had a great time.