Friday 11 June 2010

Zone Cross Country

Zone Cross Country - by Grace Manera
L.C.4
On the 1 June 2010, some other children and I went to
the Zone Cross Country at the Halswell Quarry. When
we got there we set up the big and beautiful school
flag.
I took off my jacket and then my race was called. I
was nervous, we all lined up and then the call “On your
marks, get set” and then he smacked the two wooden
blocks together. Bang! We all raced down the track as
fast as the speed of light! We had to run two laps of
the quarry when I passed people. I could hear their
hearts pounding and people breathing very loudly.
As I was on the last lap I came down the line. I was
very tired when I had finished my race. I got 29th. I
had a drink and when all of the races had finished we
packed up and got into the cars and went back to
school. I had a great day at the Zone Cross Country
and I hope I get to go next year.